Josh Dykstra is the Founder of Strengths Doctors, a consulting firm in California that helps small businesses create energizing and positive work environments. He is the author of Igniting the Invisible Tribe which is about “How to create an organization that doesn't suck.”
Company: Strengths Doctors
Episode 25 Show Notes – In this episode Josh talks about
- How do we as entrepreneurs design organizations that don't suck!
- Why it is important to focus on what is working in life and business
- The transition from a 9-5 to becoming a consultant
- The importance of crafting a story about your background that makes people understand what you are doing now
- Why performance reviews don't work
- Finding a noble cause
- How to understand why you are the way you are
Right click here to download the MP3
I'd like to give a shout out to Bluehost.com for supporting small businesses, entrepreneurs, and startups. I use their hosting services for this website and would highly recommend their services. To get a free domain and hosting services for as little as $6.99 / month click the banner below!
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- Josh Allan Dykstra – JoshAllan.com
- Young Entrepreneur Council
- University of Nebraska Lincoln Executive MBA Program
- Josh's Book: Igniting the Invisible Tribe
Josh's Favorite Books
Find Josh on Twitter! https://twitter.com/joshallan
Find Josh on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/strengthsdocs
Favorite Motivational Quote
The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” – Michelangelo
Thanks so much and Cheers from Bozeman, Montana!
I really appreciate you checking out the Think Entrepreneurship Podcast and will work hard to improve each and every episode as time goes on.
If you have a couple minutes and could leave a quick review on iTunes it would help a ton! Simply go to the link below, click view in iTunes, and then on rating/write a review. Shoot me an email to let me know you wrote a review and I will give you a shout out on the Podcast!